Weeknotes for 2023-01-20
·271 words·2 mins
Weeknotes personal books horror explorers wanted
Another week of work in the Netherlands is wrapping up. I’m publishing today’s weeknotes a bit early as I’m about to board a flight on my way back the US, and I strongly doubt I’ll have the energy to write this up after two flights and a long layover at LHR.
This week I:
- What Moves the Dead by T. Kingfisher1, which is an excellent reimagining of Edgar Allan Poe’s The Fall of the House of Usher.
- Wayward by Chuck Wendig, who continues to breathes new life into the genre of sprawling horror novels.
- I’m now fully caught up on Dimension 20: Neverafter, which continues to be great. All the characters are wonderful, but in particular, Lou Wilson’s reinterpretation of Pinocchio is the stuff of joy.
- Completed the dialogue edit and sound design for an upcoming episode. This was a fun experiment because doing it on my laptop in a hotel room required me to get a bit creative how I used my tools. Some of the common effects I use may sound a little different given that I didn’t have the same presets saved on this machine, but on the whole I think it came out well.
- Released episode 159 of Explorers Wanted, Bad Hugs vs Good Hugs.
Our crew contends with the Void, and also uncover an interesting opportunity.
That’s it for this week! We were doing a lot of team-building the last few days, so after-hours events kept me from other tasks.
Now, back to the US, and hoping for quick recovery from jet lag!
Yes, I’m on a bit of a Kingfisher streak lately. ↩︎